Template: Addition of links
Subject: Quick question
Hi [First Name],
I was looking for some information on [Topic] today, when I came across your excellent [Name of Page].
It was super helpful! Thank you.
I especially liked [Personalized Sentence or two].
Anyway, I realized that I recently published a page about [Related Topic]: [URL].
It’s [Brief Description].
It might make a nice addition under the [Section Name] of your page.
Anyway, thanks again for all of the excellent resources. And have an awesome week!
BRAND AWARENESS/ RELATIONSHIP BUILDING METHOD’S:
(Might lead to some links)
Getting in the radar: engaging with the people in community – could get yourself a link eventually.
M) BLOG COMMENTING :
Blog commenting helps us build a relationship with the bloggers in our niche. And also get some no follow links.
Eventually after few weeks/ months, they might link to us.
M) Q/A SITES ( Quora)
When we solve people’s problems and then we link back to our website : It’ll be no follow but it’ll drive traffic and much more.
M) FEATURE IN NEWSLETTER:
- Getting yourself featured in newsletter : would increase awareness and eventually links.
M) CREATE A RSS FEED PAGE :
Imagine having an RSS feed page :
When you have a huge audience base (Leads), you’ll slowly start getting backlinks
M) FORUM POSTINGS / NICHE COMMUNITIES:
- Take part in forum discussions!
- Put out links if relevant to add to the conversations!
M) SCOOP.IT PAGES:
Scoop it is a place where people go to curate content
Find a scoop it page with alot of views : and then submit your article to the page admin.
- Might lead to shares.
- Might get posted in a website along with your internal links.
M) CREATE PODCASTS:
- Having a podcast can do you many good!
- You can get a highly authoritative link from ” Top podcasts in this niche”
- Gives you a new platform to increase awareness and conduct interviews and whatnot.
If you have an amazing slide deck, submit it to SlideShare.
You might get a no follow link : But it just increases exposure! More website visits.
M) GIVE TALKS IN MEETUPS:
- This would get you contacts
- Increase your brand awareness
- Now start networking with the other blogger’s
- Sharing their posts with review
- Commenting and engaging on social media.
LOW QUALITY LINKS [EASY LINKS]
M) PROFILE LINKS:
If you create a profile in a niche related website, sometimes they let you have links in them
If you write a niche related product/ service a genuine brief testimonial, it would be featured on their website with your name linked to your website.
- There might be pages with topics ” local business discounts” or something of that sort ( Student/ teacher/ niche targeted discounts)
- You can get easy links in them → Just have a discount and reach out to them.
M) CURRICULUM LINKS
Reach out to universities and let them know about your expertise : offer to help in someway
- Maybe edit their curriculum
- Create a very useful resource and cite your website as a resource in their website.
If you can give out badges to your customers ( That they can embed in their page : Include a link back to your awards page)
Works if you have educational content!
M) BLOGGER REVIEW:
This is basically asking a blogger to review our site. They could link back.
M) BLOG DIRECTORIES:
(GENERAL / NICHE DIRECTORIES)
Submit your blog and the posts in blog directories
M) ASK CUSTOMERS / FANS:
If someone emails you or reaches out to you about how great your blog is, ask them to write about their experience in their blog or something.
M) SPONSOR EVENTS/ VENUES:
Sponsoring an event usually gets you a link from that event page!
M) LIST OF LINKER’S:
- Have a list of linker’s who had previously linked to you.
- Build relationships with a small group of them.
M) CROWD SOURCED POSTS:
If you get an invite for a crowd sourcing post, do it! It barely takes a few mins to give them your write-up.
M) START A PETITION:
- If the petition becomes big – you’ll get newspaper coverage
( Very doubtful)
If you create an entire website about a single topic : People would link to it like crazy?
Create one such site and try to get links.
M) HOSTING OWN EVENTS:
If you host a proper event / conference : like Brighton SEO conference – You’ll get loads of Backlinks
- Recap blog posts
- Best conferences lists
M) GET YOUR OWN COLUMN:
Research more about how to get a column in an authoritative website/journal/ wherever possible
M) CREATE SOMETHING:
When we create a powerful tool as such , it naturally attracts load and loads of links!
- WordPress Themes.
- Design/ Coding help
- Mobile apps.
- Tools ( In best tools lists)
- Plugins and extensions ( Can be very powerful)
M) SPEAK AT UNIVERSITIES:
- Sometimes when we speak at universities, they’ll give us a link to mention who / which organisation spoke in the event.
M) SCHOLARSHIPS :
- Offer scholarships to students in universities ( atleast 500$)
- Have a page to list out the necessary requirements by students
- Pitch this to edu websites
- Search for any websites that list out scholarships.
CONTENT TYPE THAT WORKS BEST FOR BACK-LINK BUILDING :
Let’s say something important- Issue/problem happened in your industry
- Detailed analysis : once the dust has settled down, do this
- Delayed recap : Get a recap of all the things that happened.
( Need developer and a designer)
Why people would share / link to us?
- Interactive content is rare
- Interactive content requires alot of work to do
- Looks better
- People like it.
EXPERT ROUNDUPS :
- Basically : You get all the experts opinions on a single subject matter
- Compile them all together and have it in a page.
- Its a strong content type : Gets you more shares and links
“niche” + expert roundups
- People love a huge list that they could use.
- Have a huge list of tips and strategies that they could use
- Needs to be 3x longer than what’s out there.
LIST OF STATS:
- Example : 39 Fascinating stats about “XXX”
- Bloggers usually search for such stats and they link back to you when they use the stats from your page.
- This by itself would stack up loads of social shares and Backlinks
- See what everyone in your niche agrees upon and then call it a myth!
You can run your own surveys And publish the data obtained
If your findings are
CO BRANDED CONTENT:
- Join with an influencer/ organisation n create content
- More social reach
- More link opportunities.
- Having a huge list/ guide of resources curated/ compiled in one place: would get you alot of attention!
- Example : https://backlinko.com/learn-seo-fast
- people like to look good
- So feature someone : Make em look positive
- They’ll share and link to it!
- These gets shared more
- Humor can work as linkbait
- “list of industry jokes”
- They gets shared alot too.
BE THE FIRST : ( REVIEW SOMETHING NEW )
Be the first to cover/ Analyze a hot story
- HOT STORY:
- An update
- An Incident
- Case Studies can be used as proofs → people link out to proofs!
- Calendar guides are easier to refer and is very valuable.
CHARTS AND GRAPHS :
- Charts and graphs → other bloggers embed in their blog : Give you a link back to your study.
- DEBUNK any myths in the industry and get loads of links!
QUOTABLE TEXT:/ COIN NEW TERM :
- Like GaryV telling ” Marketers ruin everything”
- If you create such a popular quote : Check if anyone else is using it.
- If so, ask them to give you a link 🙂
TIMELY / SEASONAL CONTENT:
- Valentine’s Day to Christmas to Halloween
- Release content related to that time
PRODUCT/ SERVICE/ TOOL COMPARISON:
This can fetch you loads of links.
- People like taking and sharing quizzes!
- Find bloggers/ podcasters who don’t transcribe their own content
- You do it professionally and send it to them.
- Webinars are a good way to grow email lists
- If you have a huge page containing alot of webinars, it’ll become a link magnet.
- This comes under viral marketing
- Like ” Does it blend” video.
- Maps are strong visual content
- Can add stats
- People will use you maps and then link back to you!
DRAWING AND ILLUSTRATIONS:
- They gets shared very well
- “How rankbran works” : Good content : More sharing.
- Proper and good infographics would fetch alot of social shares
- You can create an embedding code so people can use your thing
- Try instructional infographics!
GLOSSARY OF INDUSTRY TERMS:
This is considered as a very useful resource as well.
RECAPS OF EVENTS
Have possibilities of getting backlinks
Find email address :
- Use hunter.io
- Right click : Page source → Author.
Found “Backlink Strategies Ultimate list” useful? Share and spread the word!