Get ready to date yourself! Here we go!
Survey has showed that only 10-15 % of humans are actually self aware.
This implies around 80 percent of the entire human population lie to themselves every single day. Scary right?
IS THIS YOU?
Do you sometimes feel empty inside?
Are you not satisfied with your life?
Do you sometimes feel like you don’t know what you want out of life?
Do life feel pointless sometimes? Like why do we even live?
What’s the purpose of it all? Suddenly we feel bored or feel bad and everything in life feel pointless
Feeling unproductive? Do you procastinate a lot? Like you don’t have enough motivation to be highly productive?
Not confident about yourself or your life?
Self awareness can help you solve all of those problems !
Knowing the ins and out’s of your emotions and your drive’s can help you unlock ways in which you can be super productive and be super happy!
Isn’t that what we all want? To live out our dreams with the people we love?!
” People who are self aware have stronger relationships, they are fulfilled and are more confident”
In this world, people are so keen on dating other’s and having an exciting social life that they forget to date themselves , to know their purpose and to understand and navigate their own emotions and thoughts !
1) KNOW YOUR DIRECTION
Knowing what you live for?
This is the surface of it all. What do you really ant out of your life?
Take your time and answer these questions!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF:
List out your desires in life? What kind of life do you want to live?
What does a perfect life look like for you?
What kind of experiences and feelings do you want to have?
If you have a week to live, what would you be doing?
If you have a day to live, what would you be doing?
And what do you don’t want your life to become?
LET ME DO THIS WITH YOU
1) What are my desires? What kind of life so I want to live?
My wants :
- I would love to make my life all about travelling! I want travel to be my career. Fill out my bucket-list and experience loads of things!
- I want to reach,serve and help a-lot of people with my blogs. This gives me a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction
- I want to fall in love again. Be in a healthy relationship and maybe even start a family
- I want to have a good body! And earn a decent amount of money to provide for the people I love!
2) What does a perfect life look like for me?
Now the things that matter to me : Travel, Serving people, love, family and health. I want my life to be rich in all of these!
3) What do i don’t want my life to be?
- Waste my life trying to earn money in a job that doesn’t align with my inner self
- I don’t to spend my life alone. I want to surround myself with the people I love !
- I do not want to grow old and realize that my life was empty. I do not want any regret’s. I want to be driven my desire rather than faith!
Prioritizing your needs
Tony Robbin states that there are 6 fundamental needs that every human has:
- Certainity : Do you value and need safely, stability, security and predictability in your life?
- Variety : Do you value suprise , adventure, chaos, excitement, change and challenges?
- Significance : Do you value meaning, pride, a sense of importance and being needed
- Love and connection: Do you value the connection with other humans? The need to be loved and to feel connected with.
- Growth : Do you have the need for consistent emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth?
- Contribution : The need to give beyond our-self – to serve, protect and help others.
For me personally : This is the priority order:
Love and connection, Variety, Growth, Certainity, Contribution and Significance
2) KNOWING YOUR EMOTIONS:
Master your emotions to Master your life:
Knowing what makes you happy
Here’s a simple experiment, at the end of each day, write about the things that you are grateful for. Have a joy diary!
Pay attention to the things that make you happy!
When you write about it, you are giving life to it. You’ll feel it in. You’ll let the good emotions in you. Because people these days, detach themselves from.
People these days gets so stressed and frustrated about the negative things in their life that they completely forget about the good things!
Please don’t be one of those people who divorces the love of their life because they were “too busy with work” to pay any attention! Remember it took all your life to actually find such a good connection?!
So! Start paying attention or pay more attention to the things in your life that makes you happy or makes you feel good!
- Write about the moments in your life that you want to relive!
- Have a joy diary and fill it up everyday with the things that make’s you happy.
RELATED BLOG : What is Happiness | Excitement or Satisfaction?
Knowing your fear’s
What are your greatest fears? What incidents in your life have caused you to fear these?
Are you the kind of person who detaches away from negative feelings? Running away from something?
To be able to experience your life to the fullest, to be able to reach the peak of happiness joy and fulfillment, you need to be willing to face any sort of negative feelings that might come along with it.
So, what are the moments in your life that caused you the most pain and suffering? How did it change you? What kind of fears did it bring into you? Know your fears! And face them.
” People are driven by the desire for pleasure or the fear of pain”
And if you are driven by the fear of pain, you’ll spend most of your life running away from the life that you truly desire!
RELATED BLOG : Hope Vs Fear : Which one to choose
3) Knowing your purpose:
Something beyond ourself
Here’s a two step process to find your purpose:
1) If you could change anything about this world, what would you change?
2) What are you good at?
The intersection between these two is your purpose! It can’t be put any simpler than this!
Knowing our weaknesses:
Think deeply about this.
It is extremely essential that we acknowledge that and work on them. But to an certain extent we need to accept it!