Did you know ? “57.8% of all website traffic originates from Google.” Here’s the ON PAGE SEO Ultimate list for you to use!
TABLE OF CONTENT:
ON PAGE SEO FACTOR’S
- TITLE TAGS
- Use : Keywords, emotions, brackets,numbers, power words
- META DESCRIPTION
- Use: Keywords, Emotions, Sell the “why”
- URL OPTIMIZATION
- Keep it short
- PAGE STRUCTURE
- Use H1,H2,H3 tage appropriately
- MOBILE FRIENDLY
- LSI KEYWORDS
- Include LSI in the beggining
- LIMIT PAGES
- Focus on quality than quantity
- INTERNAL LINKS
- 2-5 internal links
- OUT BOUND LINKS
- 2-4 externals for 1000 words
- SITE SPEED
- within 4 seconds
- IMAGE ALT TAGS
- IMAGE SITEMAPS
- FULLY CRAWLABLE PAGE
- CHECK IN SEARCH CONSOLE
- ON-PAGE ENGAGEMENT
- ENCOURAGE COMMENTING
- USE SOCIAL SHARING BUTTON
- RANK BRAN
- DWELL TIME
- Follow copy-writing rules
- CTR MAGNET METHOD
- POWER WORDS
- BRAND AWARENESS
- POGO STICKING
- DWELL TIME
- VISUAL SEARCH OPTIMIZATION
- Descriptive title and alt tags
- Have images at the beginning
- RICH SNIPPETS
- Have schema markup in your page
- FEATURED SNIPPETS OPTIMIZATION
- Rank high + follow proper format
- VIDEO FEATURED SNIPPET
- Have brief description and upload transcript
- VOICE SEARCH OPTIMIZATION
- Optimize for featured snippet
- Expertise, Authoritativeness, Transperancy
- CANONICAL TAGS
- TRANSCRIPTS FOR VIDEOS
- YOU TUBE VIDEO’S
ON PAGE SEO : AN ULTIMATE LIST
Needs to be
- 55-60 word
- Keyword rich
GUIDELINES FOR TITLE:
Use Title Tag Double Dip
Get a long tail version of your keyword you selected
Seo tips : Is the Keyword
Seo tips and tricks – Long tail Keyword
Double Dip Title Tag : Seo tips and tactics: 25 Best ways to generate Backlinks.
USE EMOTIONAL TITLE TAGS:
Normal : Productivity Tips: How to Get More Done
Emotional : Crush Your To-Do List With These 17 Productivity Tips
USE BRACKETS AND PARENTHESIS
It is found that brackets outperformed bracket less titles by 33%
Example : Add these after your title
[Infographic] (New Data)
[Report] (Case Study)
USE NUMBERS – NOT JUST FOR LISTS
Data – Percentages – Limited time ( Get it done in 14 Days )
SOMETHING! SOME NUMBER.
POWER WORDS IN TITLE :
Power Words can be effective when used in title tags
That Will Case Study
USE TITLE MODIFIERS
Title modifier’s can boost up the “Click through rates”
The current year
BUZZFEED CLICKBAIT type Titles
We aren’t going to do click bait – We know those titles get people’s eyeballs – So use them
25 ___ That Will Change The Way You ___
I Tried ___. And Even I Was Surprised About What Happened Next
This ___ Makes ___ 10x Better
Here Are 11 ___ That ____. And They’re Backed By Science
Use These 20 Simple Hacks For More ____. #5 Is Awesome
When You Learn About ___ You’ll Never ____ Again
(To increase click through rate- even in social media share)
- 150 characters
- Include Call to action in it
- MAKE IT EMOTIONAL – Make it emotional – Address pain points –
- SELL THE “WHY” THEY SHOULD CLICK ON YOU -Is your content comprehensive? Based on research? Funny? Sell that in your description:
- INCLUDE TARGET KEYWORD
- Have keyword in title ( Google uses this to know what the page is about)
- Keep it short!! ( Overly complicated urls can let left unindexed) : There’s a correlation between short urls and more social shares
- Separate words by hypens : Google states – separated by hyphens implies seperate words – else they are considered as the same word.
- Use https – It’s a ranking signal now.
- Avoid dynamic urls– the URLs that’s used for tracking purposes – they are really bad for SEO
- DO NOT USE BLOG TITLES! : Unnecessarily makes it long .If you change the blog topic while updating – then the url makes no sense right?
- Use H1 Once
- Use H2 and H3 appropriately
- Use Semantic Keywords/Topic related as H2 and H3 tags
- You can also use – Quote boxes
- Sidebar callouts – If you have content that supports your point – Use a big banner with that part of content
- Section Banners – A small banner for each subheading would look good.
- Google’s Page Structure Testing
- Gives a good site structure
- Better crawling and user experience
The site HAS TO BE MOBILE FRIENDLY.
LSI KEYWORDS :
How to find LSI keywords?
Just type your main keyword in Google and find the words that are bolded in the results page
Sprinkle the keywords here and there especially in the beginning. Don’t obsess.
LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PAGES :
- Have more stronger pages than having alot of thin pages
- Update old pages n create content there.
Internal links are supposed to boost “new and important pages”
- Use 2-5 internal links ( More links u send out, they have lesser n lesser value)
- Don’t use same anchor text for two different URLs.
- One link back to your category
- Rest in the same category – Based on relevance
- Sometimes Google knows what your page is about from your outbound links
- 2-4 external links for a thousand words article.
SITE SPEED :
- Make sure it does load within 4 seconds
- Check speed here
- Tips to improve :
- Smush images
- Minify code
- Use caches
- Go to better hosting
- Implement CDN – Content delivery network
- Every page needs to have an image.
- Add unique images!
- There’s no limit on the number of images to be added, but beware of the page size
IMAGE ALT TAGS:
Google can’t understand what an image/ video is:
- “Provide a descriptive filename and alt attribute description for images.”
It is recommended that we add image sitemaps. It’ll make the page easily crawl-able!
FULLY CRAWLABLE PAGE:
- How do we know if it’s fully crawlable or not? – Google search console -> URL inspection
ON PAGE ENGAGEMENT
ENCOURAGE BLOG COMMENTS :
- Blogs with actual good comments have a slight edge over the ones that don’t have.
GET SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS
- With more shares it indirectly boosts your rankings
( ML system changing ranks based on UX signals)
Dwell Time :It is the measure of “How long they stay in our website”
The average Dwell time for the top 10 results is 3:10
How to increase dwell time?
- ADD BUCKET BRIGADES – these are sentences that have : (Colon) at the end..
- Go to a place in the article where people would passingly get bored – Add Bucket brigades.
- Example –
- Here’s the deal:
What’s the bottom line?
You might be wondering:
This is crazy:
It gets better/worse:
But here’s the kicker:
Want to know the best part?
- Make the first few sentences short
- Follow SEO copywriting rules
- Optimizing Title And Description
- Your results NEED TO SCREAM – “Click me!!” Cause there are so many paid ones
CTR Magnet method
- Find Google Ads on the keywords you are searching for
- Include them in your Title n description
People are impatient and they want quick results! So use these in the titles and descriptions
- Right Now
- Works Quickly
- Brand awareness can improve CTR by 350 %
- Use Facebook Ads to Increase Brand Awareness
- Insanely useful Email Newsletter
CREATE YOUR OWN KEYWORDS
- Like the “Skyscraper Technique” – That’s their own branded name..
- Google notes down the to and fro motion of the readers in search results until they find the required content
- That site that gave what the users were looking for , gets a better ranking.
VISUAL SEARCH OPTIMIZATION:
There’s a huge increase in the visual searches and it is predicted that this trend will drastically increase in the coming years and it is very essential that we optimize for these
- Descriptive title
- Descriptive alt tags
- Images that are higher up on the page has more chances of ranking in visual search
How do you like ON PAGE SEO Ultimate list? Share and help others!
- Google gets it from structured markup – Schema – Pages HTML
- You can get this by installing some plugins in WordPress!
- We can test using this tool
- Identify type of rich snippet
- Reviews – shows rating
- Recipes – Shows rating.
- Music – Shows producers, length n other details.
- Product Markup – Cost and product images.
- Organisation – Helps Google understand key information about organisation ( Address logo n contact on left side)
- Top stories – Appear on top news box – Only for Google news approved websites.
- Videos – They can’t understand them in your page – So wrote markups
- Events – Date n time
- Improves CTR
FEATURED SNIPPET OPTIMIZATION:
- First rank in the top 10 of the google result
- Format the content in this way :Questions : Answer : Details : Sub-questions : Answer
- Use Lists (Use H2 or H3 on every item on the list)
- Create a table if you want to be featured in : Table snippets
VIDEO FEATURED SNIPPET:
- Video with clear sections ( sections as in parts of video with certain content in it)
- Have clear title and brief description
- Upload a transcript!!
OPTIMIZE FOR VOICE SEARCH
- It needs to rank in the top 3
- Featured Snippets helps
- Must have a “Question” with an answer! (At the top of content )
( Expertise, authoritativeness, trustworthy)
- It’s ranks better if it’s written by experts than when it’s written by unknown people.
- How do we know if he’s a expert? – Off-site signals and previously published articles.
TRANSCRIPTS FOR VIDEOS:
- Crawlers don’t know what your video is all about – So we need to give transcripts / brief description of your video below it.
- If a lot of you product pages have the same description : Then use canonical tags to avoid duplicate content error
YOUTUBE/ VIDEOS – Get in OR Get Out!!
– 55% of all Google search results contain at least one video.
How do you like ON PAGE SEO Ultimate list? Share and help others!
ADDITIONAL WEBSITE FEATURES:
HAVE LIVE CHAT FEATURE
- Instant gratification is important
- Having live chat improves dwell time and helps support customer.
REMOVE SLIDERS – FOCUS ON ONE BRAND MESSAGE
- Do A/B testing if necessary
- Proper logo ( not a clutter – Clear proper)
- Add favicon
- Replace your stock images and add a personal brand photo
ADD YOUR OWN VIDEO
- Start with the about me page
ENABLE ONSITE SEARCH :
- Make it clear so people are motivated to search
HAVE A CLEAR FORM AT END WITH PROPER CTA:
- Every page serves a purpose right? Implies they must have a CTA .
AN AUTO ACCELERATOR :
- Return users enjoy faster experience.( WP super cache)
BUNDLE BEST SELLING PRODUCTS WITH HIGH MARGIN PRODUCTS
- Bundles work amazing in this age.
RETARGETING ABANDONED CART :
- Around 70 percent are abandoned carts
- So do RETARGETTING emails and ads.